Australia’s Online Astronomy & Telescope Shop
We are open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sundays, 9am-5pm. Call 1300 278 763.
LATEST UPDATES AND NEWS
- 21/1/22 – Skysurfer’s finders are back in stock. A lot of Baader equipment is getting harder to get. We encourage everyone to think ahead to what they will need and grab it in some form or another – you can put it on 8 week lay-by for example, and it locks in your order. Its better than a supply shortage and six month wait.
- 17/1/2022 – Nice surprises on checkout. Checkout with POLi or eWay, get a discount, use your rewards from previous purchases towards your next order! It’s the total at the end that counts.
- 1/1/2022 – JANUARY SPECIAL – Buy any Saxon Complete Telescope Package or Mount and get a free headlamp included! (Valued $26.95!) Automatic eligibility.
- 23/12/2021 – We have the QHY183C in stock, as well as the QHY5M-II Mono. A great astrophotography camera, and a great guider to go with it.
- 4/10/21 – “Is it in stock?” Yes! If an item is on backorder, the product will indicate that with “available on backorder.” At times, it is due in just a few days, in other cases, the supplier has run out and we have them coming in as soon as the supplier can make enough. At the moment, the supply situation is difficult, especially with Baader. If something is on ‘backorder’ just call us to get the story on what’s going on with it.
- 22/9/21 – Due to high demand, some Saxon products are still on backorder with Saxon. ED80’s, ED100’s, May ’22 Preorder now if you can, or put a deposit on it to secure yours, we’ll hold it and guarantee your delivery when stock comes in.
Used gear here. New things added now and then.
Hint : Press CTRL-F5 on a PC or refresh when you visit our site, or you will get a cached version, which won’t include the latest news and latest updates.
WHY SHOP AT ASTRODOG?
- GREAT SERVICE – We give you great customer service experience – not just good prices. We are confident you’ll enjoy your entire shopping experience with us.
- GREAT PRODUCTS – We will only stock products that you will faithfully want by your side. We also often stock unusual and interesting gear, like the Kson, Masuyama and Fujiyama range.
- STAR REWARDS – 1 loyalty card point per $1 spent, redeem immediately on next purchase – Star Points are worth twice as much as your Woolworths points! Automatically done when you checkout and are signed into your account.
- FREE, FAST SHIPPING WITH SMALL ORDERS – If you’ve spent $50 or more and we can fit it into a 28x18x10 box we’ll ship it for free! Orders placed before 12 are mailed same day. Express is just $14.95!
- DISCOUNTS ON CHECKOUT – Check out with POLi (“EFTPOS”) or eWAY (VISA/Mastercard) and get an extra discount on your way out. Yep – it’s the opposite of everywhere else!
- OPEN SUNDAYS – We heard you!
NOW IN STOCK FROM QHY
COMPLETE TELESCOPE PACKAGES
Having trouble picking one? Just give us a call and we will talk to you and help you decide on a suitable telescope.
Australia’s Best Astronomy Red Headlamps and Flashlights
RED Headlamp – Coded “Right is White” to prevent unfortunate white light accidents. You won’t notice it on your head, it’s that light.
One Stop Collimation Shop
Tele Vue – USA ENGINEERED by Al himself!
More stock expected December 2021
BAADER MORPHEUS 76 Degree Field of View, Modular Design
FUJIYAMA – JAPANESE ORTHOSCOPIC
Suitable for all Telescopes, similar to classic University Optics “volcano tops”
MASUYAMA – JAPANESE REFRACTOR SPECIALIST YEPIECES
Suitable for f/8 and longer refractors
Kson 5.3″, 6.3″, Saxon 6″ and 8″ in stock now, others CALL
If your selecting a Dobsonian with a 2″ focuser, the Kson 2″ Eyepiece Pack is hard to beat for value and sharpness.
QUALITY UK MADE EQMOD CABLES
Three types – RJ12 (slim), RJ45 (looks like a network cable) and 9 Pin. Check your mount for where it goes to determine what you need. 2m and 5m Available.
A filter can greatly enhance your enjoyment – Don’t know how to use Wratten filters? Check our informative article.
UHC / OIII / H-Beta OTHER FILTERS / FILTER PACKS
RINGS INCLUDING VIXEN PLATES
For Reflectors and Rerfractors
OTHER COOL ASTRONOMY BITS
NEW TO ASTROPHOTOGRAPY? EAGLE IT.
Use the “SEARCH” feature or the menus to find what you need or call us on 1300 ASTRODOG.