Tired of returning to an imaging session only to find it has been cloudy or worse raining? Well we can’t change the weather but our most advanced weather detection system will ensure that you never get any nasty surprises again. Read more for the fullest features.
How many times has it happened to you? The weather forecast doesn’t look to promising for observing imaging so rather than waste time cloud watching you settle down to watch the sports or a good movie. Later on you step outside and viola the sky is beautifully clear and has been so while you were inside watching TV. Sound familiar?
Clearly a cloud sensor would be ideal. Wouldn’t it be great if you had a permanent eye on the sky to tell you when it’s clear outside. Well now you can. Hitecastro are delighted to announce the latest additions to our product line up. The HitecWeather Deluxe offers cloud sensing and much, much more at a price which won’t break the bank.
HitecWeather deluxe is a fully featured cloud sensor with integrated ambient and rain sensor. Utilising an RS232 connection allows a much longer cable run than is possible with USB. The unit is designed to be located outdoors permanently so you never need to miss a clear sky again. HitecWeather Deluxe comes with a comprehensive software suite containing advanced features not found on competing products. Just some of these features are listed below;
- Sensor parameters are fully adjustable to suit your location and climate.
- RS232 cable allows unit to be located up to 150ft from the host PC.
- Power and signal are provided through a single cable.
- E-Mail alerts are fully configurable so you get the information you need when you need it.
- Astronomical calculations are done on the fly to allow factors such as twilight and moonlight to be factored into your observing decisions. This removes the need for a light sensor.
- Separate and highly accurate ambient temperature sensor is located outside the box so as not to be affected by electronic heat.
- Rain sensor will alert you at the first drop of rain potentially saving you a lot of money should a sudden rain shower pass over. Rain sensor integrates a controllable inbuilt heater to avoid false alarms caused by dew or frost.
HitecWeather provides a system in which all of the parameters which define the clarity (or otherwise) of the users sky can be determined using a method which we have spent quite a bit of time learning to understand and develop. These parameters can be simply set in the software provided and thus allow the user to adapt to different prevailing conditions. By default HitecWeather is loaded with parameters which we have found to work well from the United Kingdom, so adjust these to suit Australia when your unit arrives. In short wherever you live and whatever your climate HitecWeather will work for you with minimal effort. If desired, users can download recommended parameters automatically.
Our software is written by astronomers just like you. We understand just what our fellow astronomers need. We spend a lot of time thinking about and using these products ourselves before we even offer them to the most important people of all. Our customers.
|Dimensions||20 × 20 × 10 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.