Kson’s own Brand New Premium Heavy Duty Manual Mount.
We love it. The Kson German Equatorial EQ3 Mount with Steel Tripod provides precision and stability needed for serious observing and is great for the amateur astronomer who wants to move up to a more stable mount. It is popular with those who have a heavier telescope and need the strength this mount has (for example, larger reflectors) or heavy refractors.
- Mount weights merely 3.6kg – easy to travel with
- 110mm Heavy Nylon/35% Fibreglass Dual Saddle – Lightweight, but extremely strong (20%+ larger than EQ3)
- Tubular Steel Tripod Legs, rated to 20kg of weight (3.9kg) with easy to set up ‘drop in’ accessory tray
- Enlarged Bubble Level (diameter 25mm vs 11mm on EQ3)
- 20% larger setting Circles vs. Saxon EQ3
- (H – Heavy version) Two 3.8kg counterweights (one pictured)
- (M – Medium version) One 3.8kg counterweight and one 2kg counterweight
- Two nylon slow motion cables with finger tightening thumb screws – Adjustable tension via Hex Screws
- Extremely tough lower mount base – Die cast steel base (developed and used by Kson for over 20 years!), with upper mount made of incredibly tough nylon and 35% fibre glass
- Made for Australian Sun Conditions – Tough and Durable
- Polar scope option (July ’22)
- Motor Drive option (July ’22)
This EQ4 mount includes a dual saddle as standard, built-in holder for polar scope, a latitude adjuster with micrometer scale, an azimuth polar-alignment adjuster, aluminium setting circles, manual slow-motion tracking controls, enlarged bubble level and steel tubular tripod legs.
Metal Legs, and a tripod tray that you simple drop in and tighten. Very easy to set up. Lighter than competitor mounts.
The equivalent in EQ Mounts would be the Saxon EQ5 Heavy Manual Mount however it is a single saddle unit. Note that we both use the term ‘Medium’ and ‘Heavy’ mount. We would classify this as a Medium mount when it comes to weight – but competitors like to rate the Saxon EQ3 as a ‘heavy’ mount, so in that sense, we would be quite comfortable rating it as a heavy duty mount. Contact us to discuss your personal situation for some information if you need it.
|Dimensions||104 × 45 × 26 cm|