Kson Tracking Mount with slow motion controls
Superb, simple, solid mount with slow motion controls.
AZ2 Tracker Mount (Holds the Telescope and allows you to rotate your view to see different targets)
- “Grab and Go” Set up in minutes – not complicated
- Easily attach the telescope, and rotate it up and down, left and right.
- Need to make micro-adjustments? Attach the included slow motion controllers!
- Tough, but light metal frame, with a tray that holds your eyepieces and adds further stability to the tripod for steady viewing
- Extendable tripod so you can adjust it to your preferred height as required
- Suitable for light telescopes
How does it work?
- The KSON improved Alt-Azimuth TRACKER mount – has a modern, clever design and operates intuitively.
- The Tracker mount features simultaneous slow motion altitude and azimuth adjustments enabling precision micro vertical and horizontal manual tracking and rests on top of KSON sturdy, fully adjustable, pre-assembled metal tripod.
- The mount is equipped with a built-in level bubble.
- Flexible handle micromovements allow you to move the tube evenly and smoothly as possible (it is valuable not only in search of objects, but also for tracking celestial bodies).
- Reinforced metal tripod ensures a stable position of the telescope and confident damping vibrations, so that when you move the optical tube assembly, any movement is minimised.
- The tripod also features an accessory tray with slots to place 4 1.25″eyepieces or lenses and retractable rubber feet. The track is easy to ‘drop in’ and is tightened with thumb screws. Very easy to do.
Recent Customer Review:
“The tripod is very stable when the spreader tray is fitted. The mount was a little stiff but some judicious lubrication with a silicone grease has freed it up well and both Alt and Az fine adjustments are now quite smooth. I mainly use the mount for a 70/420 refractor… it is now a joy to use. I purchased a dovetail with the mount so this little telescope fits. The AZ2 mount is only intended for lighter weight OTAs but with some trepidation I mounted my S-W 127Mak on to it. The pay load would have been in the order of 4.3kg. The mount and tripod remained stable and the fine adjustments still gave a smooth performance. The damping time was longer than preferable but viewing was still acceptable. I was able to use magnifications exceeding 150x. I have noted that one of the limits on magnification is not the optics but the stability of the mount. Whilst I would not suggest loading this AZ2 mount to the extent I have, it does speak volumes for the tripod and mount that it handles it”. – Ian
Have a look at the official walkthrough on this scope which features the tracker unit.
|Dimensions||80 × 20 × 20 cm|