NOTE FOR A LIMITED TIME, THERE IS A SPECIAL ASSOCIATED WITH THIS MOUNT – Free EQMod cable (say if you want the 2m or 5m version) at checkout.
The Saxon AZ-EQ6GT is an exciting evolutionary development of the hugely successful NEQ6 PRO.
The AZ-EQ6GT is a dual purpose, fully functional computerised heavy-duty mount with Go-To / tracking that works in both Alt-Azimuth (AZ) and Equatorial (EQ) modes.
Supplied with a Synscan handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware, it can automatically find and track over 42,900 celestial objects from its database.
In EQ mode, the AZ-EQ6GT is designed for either visual use or precise astro-imaging. In AZ mode, it is primarily intended for visual use, and in this mode, two telescopes can be mounted simultaneously in parallel.
A great feature of the AZ-EQ6GT is the patented dual-encoder technology. This allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
The AZ EQ6 GT Pro mount includes a built-in illuminated polar scope for both Southern and Northern Hemisphere, a latitude adjuster with micrometer scale, an azimuth polar-alignment adjuster, aluminium setting circles, large manual slow-motion tracking controls, bubble level and steel tubular tripod legs
Note these load recommendations are based on user experience rather than any specific manufacturer recommendation.
- VISUAL : 25kg load
- IMAGING: 18kg load
So, why this one rather than the less expensive NEQ6? The drive system, for one thing, is belt driven. There is an improved Alt adjuster mechanism, the clutch locks, it weighs 1kg less than the NEQ6, and you have the ability to run two scopes in ALT-AZ mode.
The saxon AZ-EQ6 GT Pro Mount features and includes the following:
- A user friendly Synscan hand controller
- 2x 5.1Kg counter weight
- Wall-to-wall large accessory tray
- An extension 150mm counterweight shaft
- 2″ stainless steel tripod legs
- Retractable counterweight shaft
- Accept narrow (V-style) or wider (D-style) dovetail mounting plates
- Smooth and quiet belt driven
- Motor resolution at 0.14arc sec (or 9.216,000 steps/rev.)
- Slew speeds from 1.25x, 1.75x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 400x, 500x, 600x, and up to 3.4°/sec (800X)
- Sidereal, Solar and Lunar tracking rates
- One, Two and Three star alignment options
- Auto guider interface for astrophotography
- Guiding speed from 0.125x, 0.25x, 0.50x, 0.75x, or 1x
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure astrophotography
- Payload Capacity 20Kg
- Containing over 42,900 objects with complete Messier, NGC and IC Catalogues.
- Positioning accuracy up to 5 arc minute.
- Permanent Periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Firmware upgradeable via internet download
- PC Compatibility
- Car power supply adapter included
- Requires 11 to 15V DC 2A power supply (not included).
“I’ve used it just a very short time but it seems to be fantastic. Very easy-to-use mechanics, precise go to after calibration. If I -by accident- move rec or dec, it doesn’t lose calibration. Highly recommended.” – Vesa
“Simple setup. Great sturdy mount. Set it up for the first time yesterday, polar aligned via ASIAIR pro and managed to get subs of 300 seconds plus with very little effort.” Karl
NB: We order these in as we need them, so just give us a buzz if you want one, and we’ll check stock. It usually just takes a couple of days.
|Dimensions||104 × 45 × 26 cm|