Baader 495nm Longpass Filter
Brilliant Fringe Killer / Semi-APO Alternative
- Yellow 495nm Longpass filter.
- Suppresses the secondary blue spectrum when using achromatic and half-apochromatic refractors (increasing image sharpness).
- For visual and photographic planetary observations.
- Enhances contrast between the belts on Jupiter.
- Increases contrast of the lunar and Martian surface.
- Multi-coated for max contrast, no reflections, scatter or dimming.
- Planeoptically polished to within 30 seconds of arc for a sharp image at high magnification with non-ageing sealed coating edges.
- Both sides 7-layer AR coating with only 0.25% residual reflection per surface. This is the most antireflective that has ever been undertaken with color filters.
We can say a bit more about these filters. If you have an Achromat, these will significantly help with clarity and fringing as well. It allows a lot of the light through while still eliminating the purple fringing. There is also less of a color shift compared with the #12 filter. It may also darken your suburban sky.
If you want to try a further experiment, try adding one of our Moon and Skyglow filters to it to restore much of the image neutrality.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.