Kson Cosmic Cruiser GOTO Mount
- Full “Go To” Capability
- Simple 1 or 2 star alignments
- Attaches to a Standard Telescope via a Vixen bar (Put rings on your telescope, attach the rings to a Vixen bar, and then the Vixen bar will slide into the mount).
- Includes Tripod, Plate, Mount and Hand Controller.
- Mains and Battery Powered
- Mount Type : Alt/Az computerised GOTO
- Motor: DC Servo Motor w/encoder, both axis
- Motor Resolution: 0.77 arc sec.
- Hand Controller: 2 lines, 16 characters, LCD with adjustable red backlight brightness
- Database : 30,000+ Objects (upgradable, comes with latest firmware and objects preloaded)
- Tracking rate: Realtime Processing, w/self-adaptive algorithm
- Tracking Mode Alt/Az, EQ North/South Automatic Identification
- Alignment Procedure: Smart 1 Star, 2 star or 3 star
- Software precision: 32bit, 0.1 arc sec calculations
- Driver System : Controller by 32bit MPC, w/self adaptive algorithm (delivers higher accuracy for smooth movement and more rates for automatic speed corrections)
- Power Supply: 12V DC 500mA, includes 12V Australian Power Adaptor for anytime backyard use!
- Portable Power – 8 x AA Alkaline Battery
- Total Weight of Box, including Tripod + Mount less than 7kg
The Mount features a 5kg payload. Astro Dog recommends 2.5kg. The closer to 5kg you get, the more you need to pay attention to ensuring that the scope is balanced.
Make sure that you put on Alt/Az mode under settings when you get it – if you don’t, it will do strange things. 🙂
Something you will love about this mount is that you are permitted to Align according to what you SEE in the sky – not given a set of stars that you must use. This means you won’t be bothered trying to locate and identify difficult stars. Makes a huge difference.
Do you have a heavy scope on a manual mount? You can also use this in quite a clever way by simply using it to mount a laser. You then tell it what to look for and it will point it out in the sky for easy alignment with a your manual mount. That’s clever eh!
These excellent light mounts are idea for upgrading an existing non-GOTO Telescope that you would like to get more out of. Simply attach your telescope (standard attachments), perform the alignment, and enter in the object specification. The Goto mount will show you the object, and keep it centered.
Includes Free Delivery! Telescope not included.